Well, we've reached the end of the year, and now that we've had our first guest stay over (Karin, right after Christmas), I guess we're officially moved into our new home. So we're closing down this road trip blog.
You can continue to read occasional blog posts by Bayla, Jasper, and DeeAnn over at CKL's HotSheet. D has already posted about the snow which gave Portland its first "white Christmas" since 1937. I don't know what the cats will write about, but I'm sure it will be entertaining.
Here are some statistics from the road trip, which we compiled for our first annual holiday newsletter:
- Days spent traveling with cats: 153
Number of locations visited: 25
Miles driven: 16,833
Average fuel efficiency of our Prius: 45 MPG
Number of Marriott Rewards Points earned: 120,181
Average amount spent per day: $234.83
Total posts to road trip blog:
Blog posts written by cats: 42
And here's an index to help you find your way around the blog posts for each destination we visited this summer, in chronological order:
- San Diego, CA
- Grand Canyon, etc.
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Fort Worth, TX
- Space Center Houston
- New Orleans, LA
- Chicago, IL (Kendra's graduation, with stopover)
- St. Louis, MO
- Atlanta, GA
- Orlando, FL (Space Shuttle launch)
- Charlotte, NC
- Altoona, PA (Sole family reunion)
- Outer Banks, NC
- Colonial Williamsburg, VA
- Washington, DC
- Niagara Falls
- Cedar Point (roller coaster capital of the world)
- Madison, WI
- Minneapolis, MN
- Rapid City, SD (Mount Rushmore, Badlands, Wall Drug, and more)
- Denver, CO (Worldcon)
- Las Vegas, NV
- SF bay area (old home week)
- Ashland, OR
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR--our new home!
Plus some non-location-specific topics:
- Posts by cats!
- D's Food & Cooking
- Viable Paradise XII (CKL)
- Videos (more coming soon to YouTube)
- stuff for sale
- The Postal Service, and I don't mean the band
Thanks for reading, everyone, and we hope to see you over at Snout.org.