We're officially out of the house in Mountain View and have traveled with our cats 10 miles to a hotel in San Jose. We have many people to thank for this achievement:
- Our fabulous friends, who packed everything we wanted to keep, and taught us that plastic wrap is an invaluable moving aid.
- The same friends, who hauled our unwanted stuff to the curb/their houses/garage sales and otherwise just made it disappear.
- All the people who stop in the street when they see a "Free" sign.
- The people of Senegal, who took everything we had, no matter how broken, and then sent a representative back on Sunday to see if we had anything else.
- The Junk General, who recycles thing that even the Sengalese ladies didn't want.
- Mark and his team from Above and Beyond, who are masters at Tetris-fu.
- Gloria and Nandi, who kept our house liveable, and then made it look like no one ever lived there.
- Our cats, who are busy exploring the hotel room (when not hiding under the bed. )